Monday, July 25, 2011

Special Day













Our 6th anniversary was GLORIOUS! We enjoyed a fun family day spending time together and then Brandon and I were able to escape (thanks to my sister's family) and go see the last Harry Potter in 3D at the Imax theater. It was a blast! We loved the movie and I LOVED the chance to eat a delicious over priced pretzel and cheese. It was amazing and I learned something new about Brandon that I never knew...he had never eaten a pretzel with cheese. WHAT? I thought I knew everything about him, so I was stunned. I thoroughly enjoyed my wheat treat. I obviously avoid eating anything "wheat" related in front of Eli (besides sandwich bread). Let's just say because of this I crave carbs like none other. I would probably kill for a cinnamon roll, muffin, pastry, cookie, etc. so watch out! After the movie, we came home and put the kids to bed and headed to Bel Ami (where we had our rehearsal dinner). We love the candle lit atmosphere and the delicious steaks! It was a treat! Brandon surprised me by having the waitress bring out my present on our dessert plate. It was such a surprise and I love my black diamond ring! We have labeled this anniversary as the "impractical one". I am not one to ever buy anything I don't really need. We always usually get something for the family or for the house that is needed. This year we decided to be impractical for once. My gift was allowing Brandon to take an entire weekend doing motorcycle classes and getting his motorcycle license (which he did a week ago). My gift from him was a black diamond jewelry set (ring, necklace, and earrings). It totally went against my nature, but it definitely was a lot of fun! I am so thankful to my family for watching the kids. Cora did really well, considering she's never been away from us for very long, and leaned on her best buddy Jacklyn for comfort when she needed it. It felt wonderful to spend time together without the distraction of the kids! We definitely need to do it more often!

No comments: