Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Adoptiversary...I don't think that's a word!









































































My nieces and nephew were officially adopted ONE year ago! It seems like I've known them forever and loved them forever. I can't believe it's only been one year! Adoption is never without challenges, but the kids are thriving, they have adjusted wonderfully, they have caught up in school, and have had the opportunity to experience so many new and wonderful things over the past year thanks to my sister and Joel. I am so proud of them! I have struggled with a lot of different emotions when thinking about their past, their foster care, and their birth parents...anger, frustration, sadness, etc. I really feel a deep sadness, especially for their biological mother. I look at these five beautiful and joyous kids and can't imagine being in her shoes. I just see all that she is missing and think of the deep regret she probably already has. I pray the kids and her will both have peace about their situation in the future. I am so honored to get to be a part of their lives and am so glad that God guided Becca and Joel to them (even though everyone thought they were crazy). Praise God for His perfect plan!

No comments: