Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gluten Free
















We are doing a two week gluten free trial with Eli. He has just had so many digestive issues, and when one of my friends mentioned that his symptoms sounded a lot like her ex boyfriend (who had celiac disease) it just clicked...DUH! Brandon and I spent the evening reading articles on the internet. Literally he has EVERY symptom of having a gluten intolerance. I am just hoping we figure this out, so he can start feeling better. The ped. recommended a two week gluten free trial to see if that helps. If not, we'll move on and try something else. My sister has struggled with digestive issues her whole life (and has felt sick for most of it), so I'm praying we can find a solution even if it means eliminating a LOT of foods from his diet. The nurse practitioner at my doctor's office was so helpful because she has to have a gluten free diet. She gave me a lot of helpful hints, and I really appreciated it! On a happer note, Cora is taking STEPS! She is so proud of herself. She can take around three steps at a time before she falls into our arms. Here is a picture that shows Eli's name writing skills! I'm so proud of him! I was laughing

the other day because I heard the refrigerator open, so I came to check it out and there was Eli with the chocolate syrup trying to pour it into his mouth. Little sneak!

No comments: