Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow




Eli still is saying "bye bye" once in a while when I prompt him. So precious. The thing that's really cracking us up is when we try to get him to say other words he always says, "Uh BAH". I was laughing so hard yesterday because I would try to get him to repeat the names of the animals on his flash card by saying, "Eli can you say Bear...Cat...Dog..etc.", and he would always look at me with this adorable questioning look and say, "Uh BAH". I would always say "Good try" and repeat the real word. He really thinks he's saying it. You can tell. It just kills Brandon and I. Brandon and I enjoyed making Reindeer Poop (oreos crushed, mixed with cream cheese, rolled into balls, and coated in chocolate and white chocolate) last night after we put Eli to bed. It's SO messy to make and takes forever unless you have two people. It's become a tradition to make every year. All of my family are coming today to celebrate Christmas for the next few days. Eli is going to have a blast playing with everyone. We have a white Christmas. We have about 3 inches of snow on the ground. It is beautiful! I've been a little house trapped because of it, though. When we play Eli's baby music he just lays there on his stomach and taps his one foot on the floor. Seriously, it is so cute. Sometimes we have to play Old McDonald a million times or he gets mad. He also shakes his head "no" now. It can mean different things so we are constantly trying to figure out what he's meaning, but usually it's obvious. He does it when he's eating and done or also does it out of excitement. He also will do it if I shake my head "yes" or when he's touching something he's not supposed to he'll look at me and shake his head "no". He has had cheese for the first time this week and really liked it. I just used shredded Mozarella and it was perfect for him to feed himself. Same with little pieces of pasta.

No comments: