Monday, December 8, 2008

9 month appt!


Eli had his 9 month appointment this morning. He's growing well and weighs 17 lbs 6 oz (which is a little less than 3lbs more from 6 months) and is 27 3/4 inches tall (I think that's a little over 2 inches growth). He's only in the 10th percentile for weight, but is in the 24th percentile for height. We mentioned he's been scratching at his ear and she did find a bit of a wax build up, which she took care of. Eli did not like being held down for that or the 2 shots and cried and cried and cried! He would only come to me and would cry laying his head on my shoulder. So sad! After all the trauma, we had to still take him to the lab to have his finger pricked to check for iron deficiency. More trauma. He screamed and screamed as they tried to get enough blood. By the end he had the crying "hiccups" so bad, it was pathetic. I put him down for a nap as soon as we got home (which wasn't easy because he didn't want me to let go of him even for a second) and he had those hiccups in his sleep for an hour! His appointments are definitely going to be traumatic from now on until he can understand what's going on. She gave me the go ahead on wheat and dairy, so I'm going to introduce him to pasta, baby yogurt, and cheese. I'm looking forward to giving him more and more table foods. He's definitely ready.

No comments: