Friday, December 12, 2008




I'm really enjoying Eli's new ability to walk around the house without me having to bend over and spot him. He's getting so good at it that I just follow him around instead of bending over ready to prevent a head injury. He has taken a few spills that I couldn't catch, but every time he sort of caught himself on his hands instead of taking it in the face, so I am glad he's maybe figuring that out as well. Yesterday, he figured out he could carry around and chew on a teething ring while walking. Big stuff people :-) We had an interesting dinner date with my cousin Ellen and her boyfriend last night. We purposely went at 5 so Eli would still be in a good mood. It was pretty much a circus. It would have been a million times easier for me to cook a ten course meal at home. Finally we got him sitting in between us in the booth playing with a sippy cup of milk and eating puffs. I gave him a puff and he started choking, which then Brandon informs me he had just given him one...crap! He choked and then threw up everywhere...I caught it in my hands...just a natural reaction. You should have seen my cousin's faces. Later Brandon and I were laughing so hard thinking back on it. My cousins' boyfriend Paul was like, "Did you just catch that in your hand....SUPER MOM!" Disaster. This age of exploration is exciting, but challenging/impossible in a restaurant.

1 comment:

Max said...

It sounds like things are going normal. Eli is doing great with his walking