Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week











I officially survived a week of single parenthood! Brandon went to Colorado with his dad and brothers this week and had an amazing time! They stayed in his late uncle Roland's cabin, went skiing, hiking, checked out the sand dunes, and spent time with their Aunt Cathy and her sister Cheryl. Meanwhile, back home we had a great time! The kids and I had a lot of fun going to Riverside Park, walking, meeting my cousin Megan and her kids at Sedgwick County Park, baking cookies, playing outside, going for ice cream, spending a couple of days with my dad, etc. Eli also had his three year check-up this week. He weighs 32 lbs (45%) and is 36 1/2 inches (15%). His blood pressure was 90/48 (which is almost exactly what my blood pressure is on a normal basis). He's going to be evaluated for speech therapy next month, so hopefully we can get started soon! My Dad was here that day and was able to babysit Cora while I took Eli to the dreaded lab. He had to pee in a sample cup (which was hilarious because he almost OVERFLOWED the cup). I seriously was looking around just laughing trying to figure out what to do if it was going to overflow :-). He was pretty upset over the finger prick, but we survived! The weather was glorious all week long, which made it easy for me to get out of the house and soak up some sun. Both kids were really excited to see Brandon yesterday, that is for sure! I am very glad to have my family back together again.




No comments: