Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Six Month Appt.
















Cora had her six month appointment yesterday. I am so glad Brandon met me to take care of Eli because Cora had a rough time. She is just coming into "stranger anxiety" in the past couple of weeks. The second she even saw the nurse she started crying. Poor little girl. It tried to comfort her the best I could, but I wasn't very successful. Just getting her weight was a crying ordeal. Her stats are: 16 lbs 4.5 oz (51%), 24 inches (5%), and her head was 16.5 (31%). She weighs almost two pounds more than Eli did at this point, but is almost two inches shorter! I could hardly believe it! She is definitely slimming down and losing rolls daily. It's kind of sad! Today at playgroup one of our pastors said hi to her and she just started bawling. I already have one kid with terrible separation anxiety, and I'm not looking forward to dealing with TWO! I had a great talk with my pediatrician about how I'm nervous about ADHD with Eli since three of his uncles have it and he shows a lot of signs of it. She, along with my sister, have given me some great ideas, games, etc. to play with him that will help him regardless, but especially help kids with ADHD. They don't even diagnose it until kids are in school, but I figure it can't hurt to be aware since he's high risk. I'm really enjoying my kids. I am fascinated by their differences (could they be more different...I think NOT) and enjoying parenting two totally different personalities and sexes. I have the same amount of love for each of them, but I love them so differently because they are so different! It is incredible! I am so thankful for them!

No comments: