Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My baby's kicking for Obama!





Yesterday morning I was so upset because it appeared the weather was going to keep me from driving to the Barack Obama rally in El Dorado. It is the first time a candidate has campaigned here since 1960! Kansas usually doesn't matter in the primaries, but this year we're in luck! I knew this was a chance of a lifetime, and considering my love for politics I was devastated to not be able to go. After leaving me crying at the house to go to work, Brandon surprised me and took off work to take me in the blowing snow! We froze in line in blizzard conditions with about 3,000 other people. There were so many people we got put in an overflow room, and I was so bummed that I wasn't going to see Obama in person....until....he came in before he gave his speech to thank us for coming and shake hands! We actually got closer and better pictures than we would have if we'd made it into the gym! It was totally worth it! His speech was inspirational (like they always are) and I was on cloud nine!

No comments: