Thursday, January 24, 2008

Breech!

We had a sonogram this morning! It was great to see Eli again. He's in a breech position (which he's been in for weeks). I don't blame him...who wants to be upside down? We got to see his cute face and feet. It's good to know that that nice lump coming out of my upper stomach/side that we're always rubbing is his little head :-) He was measuring around 5 lbs 10 oz, which would put me about 1 week and 5 days farther ahead, but since the late sonograms measure 1/2 lb on the big side usually they are keeping my due date the same but starting my weekly appointments Monday! If he doesn't move in the next 2 weeks, we'll probably schedule a C-section for the end of February. I'm just trying to have faith and try and let go of my control freak attitude. I just hate the waiting and unknown! Once they schedule a c-section or decide the other way I'll feel much better!

I was proud of myself for having everything ready, so I didn't have a panic attack when they said he was measuring farther along! Praise God! Eli's heart rate was 142 at the sonogram and 138 at the doctor's office. I've gained 29 lbs so far, which is okay.

I'm ready to hold this little man!

No comments: