Wednesday, January 30, 2008

February 26, 2008 is the day!

On Monday I had an appointment, and Eli is still in a partially breech/transverse position so my doctor went ahead and scheduled a C-section for 9:30 a.m. (have to be there at 6:30 a.m.) on Tuesday, February 26, 2008! I had the group b strep test and I'm not dialated at all. His heartrate was higher than usual at 164! I was glad to find out that our doctor will not try to move him into a head down position because there are risks to the baby, it's painful to the mother, and not very successful.

We have less than a month now! It made everything feel extremely real when I got the call saying they'd scheduled it. I called or e-mailed a million people telling them the news. It is so strange to know the day our baby will come into the world (unless I actually go into labor). I feel somewhat relieved so finally know a date and time...since I'm such a control freak.

At our childbirth class, we talked about c-sections and went over and toured the hospital rooms. Our teacher showed me where I need to check in, where I'll be for the surgery, and answered a lot of questions for me about the practices at Wesley. The more I know the less anxious I feel!

No comments: