Friday, August 31, 2012

Life






















Life has been happening around here...go figure!  I am enjoying the ride!  Eli has been riding without training wheels (which is always an adventure) and we have been spending a lot of time walking and enjoying the cooler weather.  One day, while outside pulling vines off the house I came across a praying mantis.  We LOVED keeping these as pets as kids, so I snatched it for the kids!  The kids loved it and decided to name it Barney Louks Judson.  For the past couple of weeks we have fed it flies and watched it shed its skin.  Yesterday,we let it go back in our garden.  It was a fun experience for the kids.  This is our last week of Summer.  Eli starts school next week.  I am having a hard time with the idea of him being gone three mornings out of the week.  I think Cora will be lost without him.  He plans all of their games and activities.  It should be an adjustment for sure.  Last night was "Meet the Teacher" night.  I could tell Eli was a little nervous (even though he's had this teacher as a sub last year).  As soon as we got to the school and he saw that he was in the same classroom he was SO excited!  He went and played with toys and told me he was so "GLAD to be in the same classroom because I LOVE this classroom."  I am praying for a great year!   

No comments: