Thursday, August 23, 2012
1. He is laughing! It doesn't happen very often yet, but the first time he ever laughed was when I tickled him under his armpits. He sometimes laughs in his sleep...wouldn't you just love to know what these babies are dreaming about?
2. He is ticklish. He is pretty much ticklish all over, but especially under his armpits. He will just squirm and smile when we play.
3. He is awake for longer periods, which makes it harder to get things done, but at the same time we all get to spend more time with his joyful self.
4. He wakes up 2-3 times in the night to eat. For a couple of weeks he only was getting up at 1 and 4, but he's recently switched back to an earlier feeding as well. It doesn't bother me at all. I really don't have much selfishness left in me after three kids!
5. Asher can sleep through anything. If you know Eli, you know he is a VERY loud person. He always has been. He talks super loud, yells, cries, etc. very loudly. It doesn't phase Asher in the least. He sleeps through it all. It blows my mind!
6. He knows my parents now. We have spent a lot of time with them in the past couple of months and it is very obvious that he knows them and is happy to see them.
7. He moves his arms and leg constantly, but at the same time is a very chill and content baby. He goes with the flow and is involved in everything we do.
8. He loves baths with Cora and Eli or taking a shower with me.
9. He definitely thinks he's playing with the older kids and you can tell he wants to be doing what they are doing so badly. If they are running, he starts kicking and trying to be a part of it. Eli and Cora love him and try to involve him the best they can. They smother him with love all day and unfortunately share a lot of germs with their kisses. (P.S.-Happy 3 months Asher your brother and sister gave you a sweet gift...a cold).
10. Asher is grabbing for toys and loves batting and grabbing the toys on his bouncy seat or play mat. He also will focus in on the strap of my shirt or my necklace and focus really hard to grab it.
11. His new favorite play item...his hands! He discovered his hands a few weeks ago and now they are his constant chew toy. He spends all day sucking or gnawing on his hands and fingers. If he finds that thumb, it is over my friends! He still uses a pacifier at night and naps and I hope to keep it that way. At least I can take that away someday!
12. Just like our other kids, he is losing his gorgeous dark hair :-( He is losing it from the front to the back just like the older kids. We like to call this their "skullet". I'm curious to see if he'll go completely bald like Cora or still have fuzz and get hair back quickly like Eli. We shall see!
13. He is built somewhere between Eli's body and Cora's. Eli was a skinny baby and Cora was a super chunky baby and Asher is somewhere in between them. He has some rolls, but not quite as much as Cora did. It will be fun to see what happens in the next few months!