Tuesday, June 5, 2012

2 weeks





Asher will be two weeks old tomorrow and I can hardly believe how quickly it is going!  He is just a little man and it has been so fun to see more of his personality daily.  He has more awake times now (which means more work for me), but also means more time spent with the other kids and soaking up the world around him.  He is such an easy, sweet baby.  He rarely cries and all last week he slept 2-3 hour stretches at night.  The past few nights he's been up a lot more, but at least he goes back to sleep instantly, so I'm not feeling tired at all.  He lost his cord stump last night and the kids were just amazed to see his belly button all cute and healed.  They've been checking it out every day waiting for it to fall off...ha ha.  I've already moved him up to size 1 dipers and I noticed some of his newborn clothes are getting snug, so we'll probably be moving up to 0-3 month clothes soon!  The kids are still adjusting well.  Cora has some moments here and there, but it's hard to know if that's just the terrible twos showing its face or all the changes.  We have LOVED having Brandon home!  It has been like a vacation, honestly.  He was a life saver that first week especially taking care of all the housework and the older kids so I could recover.  I am now feeling well enough that I can easily manage all three kids while he is out for a while and help with housework.  I think it's really going to be hard on the kids him going back to work on Friday.  They've gotten used to doing fun outings and having a lot of "daddy time" daily and it will definitely be an adjustment.  I feel ready to handle the housework and all three kids when he starts back on Friday.  I am thanking God every day for my three greatest blessings.  They are healthy and happy and living life to the fullest.  Here is a link to our family/newborn pictures we had taken last week by a friend.  I can't wait to get my cd of pictures so I can make his birth announcements!    http://jessicanoellephoto.zenfolio.com/p701614502


No comments: