I thought I should continue on with the 1 month updates on Cora, since she is still changing SO much and so quickly. Both my kids are at really fun ages! My days are just filled with so much joy and laughter. The frustrating parts of parenting are diminishing more and more (newborn phase of no sleep, terrible twos with Eli etc.) The kids are so close and miss each other when they have to be apart. They are so excited to see one another, even if they have only been apart for naps. Eli shows great pride in all of Cora's accomplishments and gives her lots of snuggles and love. Her being older, walking so well, and communicating has added to their closeness. They love to play games (like hide and seek), wrestle, go on walks, and play outside. While we were gone this weekend and my mom was babysitting, Cora fussed and asked for me a couple of times and each time Eli came over to her, patted her back, and said, "It's okay, Mommy always comes back!" Cora is such a funny little girl. We all laugh at the cute things she does. At 13 months:
1. She still loves to dance and has some interesting pelvic thrust moves, waves her arms, bounces, and lifts one leg up really high while she's dancing.
2. She says, "Yeah" to everything, and her new words include: Yes, Tanya, Aunt Becca, first sentences include Bye-Bye Dada, and I love you, Night night, Sorry, Puppy, Nap, Shoes, Barbie, and more.
3. She will mooch off anyone with food. She loves to eat and it is hard to resist sharing with her cute little self! She really loves hamburgers right now!
4. She is officially WEANED! I cut her last feeding a week ago and she has done great.
5. She is sleeping through the night! As soon as I stopped nursing, she started sleeping better.
6. She got her 9th tooth, a big giant molar!
7. She is starting to hit a little. She will get mad, hit the floor or hit me (then I put her down and tell her it's not nice and I will only hold her if she's sweet to me). When I pick her up she will pat my shoulder and say, "Gentle!"
8. Loves climbing stairs, chairs, etc. and loves waking Eli up from his nap or getting him up in the morning.
9. She has started coloring with crayons and loves doing it!
10. She has this furroughed browl scowl she does when she's mad, which Brandon and I secretly refer to as her "bitch glare"...I wonder where she learned it?? ha ha
11. While she was getting her molar she had so many loose stools (which Eli never had issues with) and kept getting diaper rashes from all the pooping. She got to run around naked quite a bit that week!
12. She still is super affectionate and loves snuggling, kissing, hugging, and rocking. We still have to rock or pat her to sleep. While I'm rocking her she will lovingly pat my back. She does it to her dolls and stuffed animals too. She also will sweetly pat someone's shoulder who is holding her.
13. She is eating with a spoon and fork! She can feed herself her baby cereal in the morning, which has been easier for me! She also will blow on her food if I say it is hot.
14. She loves playing barbies and dolls and brushes their hair, puts them to bed, rocks them, kisses them, and plays with them.