Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wood floors...yikes!




Yesterday, I left Eli on a blanket in the dining room on his back with toys for a couple minutes while I ran to the restroom. This is what I saw when I came back :-) Caught ya! My days of leaving him on a blanket and he staying there are definitely over. He can get around by rolling mainly, but he's scooting and flinging himself all over the place. The bad thing is, when he rolls from his stomach to back he hits his head on the floor. He's fine going from back to stomach because his head lifts, but the other way is trouble. Because we have ALL wood floors, except in the basement, I'm going to need to buy some big rugs to prevent injury.

I made two kinds of squash yesterday. It was a lot of fun! I made 48 servings which I froze in special kind of ice trays (which are 1 oz servings) and then put in freezer bags. It took me a while on the first one because I've never worked with squash (I'm an idiot and didn't realize it's just like a pumpkin). The second one was quick and easy once I figured everything out. I've come to the conclusion I need better knives...I could barely cut the dang squash.

No comments: