Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Well, I survived our last night of stressful events ;-) Our concert when well. It was at a Hispanic church and we followed a rapper. It was extremely HOT and there weren't very many people, but the people that were there did enjoy it. It was so hot and humid that all of our instruments would go out of tune every song. I think I will avoid outdoor concerts when it's 105 heat index! While we were playing the mayor of Wichita and the chief of police came to visit with the people, so that was kind of fun. When we left Eli was showing off for mom like crazy in his jumper. He showed her how to play with every toy and was jumping like crazy. Then, mom said he looked around and saw we weren't there and threw a major fit. Mom just slapped him in the stroller and took him for a LONG walk. He loves music, so she sang to him the whole time too. I swear his life is like a broadway musical. He'll probably start singing before he talks :-) He was happy to see us when we got home, which was cute. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Friday night I'm going on a date with my brother to see Les Mis. It's his favorite book and of course an awesome musical. Then, we are headed up to my parents to visit with my cousin Meredith and her boyfriend Jeffrey from California. She works for American Idol, and they are having tryouts in Kansas City, so she's here to judge the tryouts. Don't worry...there are only 15,000 trying out!!!! What a relief to be done with all of our evening stuff. I'm ready to have Brandon's help in the evenings again. Our goal tonight is to order a gate for our new backyard. We've got to find one that will work and quick to keep Rica in!

No comments: