Tuesday, August 26, 2008

He loves to read!



I realize it's been a long time since I posted...there just has been SO much going on! We were supposed to go to Branson, but because of a rainy forecast and unexpected work training we decided to host everyone at our house. We had a great time with family all weekend. We went out to eat a lot, took walks, celebrated my sister's birthday with all the family, went to the Exploration Place and saw the human body exhibit (I thought it would freak me out since it is REAL dead people, but it was neat) etc. My favorite part of the exhibit was the babies. They had several babies who had died of genetic issues (one was conjoined twins), and several babies at different stages before they were born. It was amazing to see what Eli would have looked like close up at the different times I had sonograms. What a miracle!!Overall, it was a great time! Eli enjoyed having everyone around to give him attention, but was so wound up the whole time he barely napped.

He is still doing great with his eating. He is passing on all of his cereals, so we will hopefully move on to veggies this Friday. He has eaten 2 times daily Rice Cereal, Oatmeal Cereal, and started Barley Cereal today. Next we'll move on to the yellow veggies. Today we went to the organic store and got a Butternut Squash and Acorn Squash, so I can make some homemade baby food and freeze it! I'm excited to try to make my own and the doctor encouraged it and really discouraged using store bought. I really am limited on some things because I want to only use organic frozen or fresh. Whatever I can't get I've already stocked up on some store organic baby food to use instead.

No comments: