Thursday, April 19, 2012

Freezer Cooking



At 34 weeks pregnant, I have everything done! Everything is washed and ready (besides a few clothes my mother-in-law is bringing up). I have stocked up on supplies and tried to think of every last little thing to be ready. I am measuring exactly 34 weeks, Asher's heartbeat is usually in the 130's, and I am still feeling great. Braxton Hicks contractions have kicked in this week a few times during the night (ouch), which is another reminder that I'm getting close. The last big item on my "to do" list was to stock our newly gifted garage freeezer (thanks Dad) with meals to help me get through the first couple of months after baby. I'm afraid that I'll be too overwhelmed and tired to cook healthy meals for my family...which is very important to me. I'm worried that I'll end up having Brandon pick up food a lot, which is expensive and not as healthy. Having a freezer full of meals will give me peace of mind in this area. Last weekend I did a big grocery shopping, put Brandon in charge of the kids, and got to work! I made around 15 meals including: Lasagna roll-ups, and a lot of different healthy chicken and veggie packed crockpot meals (Italian Chicken, BBQ Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, etc.), 25 burritos, and 15 bierocks. I still have plenty of room to add some last minute breakfast things like GF muffins, pancakes, etc. It feels great to be close and ready!

No comments: