Thursday, October 6, 2011

Field Trip




































































































Eli had his first field trip this week to C-Arrow Stables. I am so glad I'm a homemaker and can be involved in all of his school parties and activities! It was so much fun! The kids all played on a little playground first, rode ponies next, learned to groom the horses, fed and pet a whole mix of animals like goats, pigs, alpacas, deer, sheep, etc., and pet a camel. They finished the outing with a snack and juice break and let the kids all pick out a pumpkin before heading home! Eli's favorite part was riding the ponies! He got to ride two different ponies and had a huge smile on his face the entire time. We tried to get Cora to ride, but she was scared! She loved petting and feeding all the animals, though. On our drive home, Eli said, "Next time we come, I am probably going to get to take home my favorite horse!" Not quite! I am so happy with Asbury Preschool! Eli's teacher and co-teacher are amazing! They made sure to bring a gluten free snack for him on the field trip and go out of their way to make things easy for me. When I went to pick him up from preschool today, my heart sank when I saw a mother leaving the classroom with a box of leftover cake pops. The first birthday party. I had been dreading finding out how Eli would do when he didn't get to have the special birthday treats all the mothers will be bringing for their birthday kids. Once again, I shouldn't have worried. I casually asked Eli what he had eaten at the birthday party and he got all excited telling me about the gluten free lemon cookies he had gotten while the other kids ate "wheat". He didn't care at all. He was perfectly happy with the cookies I had left with the director in case of a special occasion. YAY! I am purposely going to sign up to bring a snack for every holiday class party, so I can make sure to bring something gluten free that all the kids will like! Preschool is going wonderfully and Eli is loving it!


No comments: