Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October







Fall weather has arrived and with it the painstaking task of getting clothes, coats, socks, shoes, jackets, etc. on three kids :-).  I love Spring and Summer and have a hard time with Fall and Winter.  At least we have some amazing holidays to look forward to or I would boycott them forever!  I already miss the kids running around naked, playing in the backyard barefoot, etc.  We will make the best of it and try to stay sane!  I have been making pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies, and tomorrow is Eli's field trip to get pumpkins and play in the park.  Embracing it folks!  October is our crazy month of travel and business.  I am clinging to every moment of family time.  Brandon had church stuff that took up the weekend and two evenings and we all really missed him (notice above picture in which Eli cried for an hour staring at Brandon's work badge picture).  It helped that I am leaving for Tahoe with Asher on Thursday, so I kept reminding them that they get Daddy all to themselves for 3 1/2 days and told them all of the fun things he has planned.  They are really excited and don't seem to be upset by my leaving (not surprised at all considering I am with them 24hrs and they never care when I go as long as they get Daddy time).  I think Eli and Cora are going to have a blast, and I am really excited to join my mom and brother in Tahoe, and see all of my family at my cousin's wedding.  Asher deserves some one on one time as well, so I am looking forward to that as well!  I took Cora out on a girl's date last night and we had so much fun.  She is just a joy!  All these ladies kept fawning over her at Panera and after they'd leave she'd say, "That little lady was so friendly!"  I just wanted to cry she is so cute.  Very thankful for these kiddos...living the dream!

No comments: