Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Parent Teacher Conference































I had the opportunity to go to my first parent teacher conference last night! I was so excited and nervous to find out how Eli is doing. His teacher is wonderful in every way. I was so proud of Eli after talking with her! She basically said he is VERY ahead cognitively and very smart and doing great. He is very good at anything cognitive, but not as strong at activities that involve the fine motor skills, like scissors. I remember our Parents as Teachers rep telling me he might struggle a little bit with fine motor skills since he was an early walker and didn't get his wrist strength built up from crawling. I was so thrilled to hear he is doing wonderfully at following the rules, listening, playing with the other kids, no issues with sharing, etc. She also told me they have NEVER seen him angry, upset, mad etc. Basically, he has never misbehaved! Wow! What more could I ask for? I was oozing pride all over the place (considering several times when I've come to get him I've seen a couple of boys throwing tantrums or getting in trouble). I got to look at all the activities, worksheets, etc. he's done so far this year. It was so fun to hear about what he's like in class. She said he's a little timid when going to a new place or new person and on the things he struggles with (like cutting) he will say, "I can't do this." They encourage him to try and then after he has attempted, then they will help him. It was so fun! Yesterday, the fire trucks/firemen came to the preschool to talk to the kids and show them the truck. Eli loved it! He said his favorite thing was getting to walk through the truck, where he said he saw a special flashlight. They also talked about calling 911 in an emergency, and Eli definitely took it to heart. He was quizzing Brandon about it at the dinner table, "Dad, what do you call if there's a fire? 911!"

No comments: