Friday, November 30, 2007

Getting Closer!

We're baffled how quickly this pregnancy has gone! I had my last 2nd trimester (26 weeks) appointment yesterday; now I start appointments every 2 weeks! Eli is kicking, elbowing, and who knows what else constantly, so if you see me jerk in public that's what's going on...I swear I'm not crazy! I'm thanking God today because my glucose screen for gestational diabetes came back good (97....less than 140 is normal). Eli's heart rate was high because of the sugar packed drink I had just drank 168! Sugar high! I'm measuring 26 which matches how far along I am! More importantly my antibody screen came back negative (i'm A- blood...85-99% of people are positive...Brandon's A+)! Today I'm going to get my first Rhogam shot to prevent my body from producing antibodies in the future. It's amazing to think that before 1968 I wouldn't have been able to have more than one child because my blood would have attacked and most likely killed my baby! I'm forever grateful for the man who invented Rhogam! I'm starting my 27th week...the last of my 2nd trimester, so I'm getting ready to begin the home stretch! Yikes....and...YIPPEEEEEE!

No comments: